Tuesday 5 March 2013

What's in a name??

As a a tall girl, I have been called many things...

Bean-pole, bean-stalk, giant etc..

The one thing that drives me mad the most is when people say things like "Are you still growing?" "I'm sure your taller than the last time I saw you!"

Is it such a huge deal that I am above average height??

In my school years I did suffer a lot of insecurities being the tallest of the bunch. I remember one event clearly when I was 13 years old. I had got on the bus to go to my cousins house, I didn't have any money but   at the time school kids could ride for free. I tried to tell the driver I was in school and his response was "don't be silly look at the size of you!" I was so hurt and embarrassed I got off the bus and yes I cried....

Today however I embrace my height and even exaggerate it in high heels on a night out and I couldn't give a monkeys arse what anyone calls me!! I've had guys in clubs tell me I'm too tall and my response is "no darling your too short!!"

My message to you is whatever height you are, it's perfect and beautiful and don't let anyone tell you otherwise.

I'm going to use my height and long legs as an advantage and new business venture. What can you do with your unique qualities?

Until next time,

xoxo


No comments:

Post a Comment